This year, Fotowatio Renewable Ventures (FRV) decided to launch the first Annual FRV Excellence Awards. These awards recognize the effort and dedication of those employees who have shown the true values of FRV in their daily work and their interaction with others.
The categories of the awards are inspired in the values of the organization that define its mission and that guide its development as a business and as a team. The awards were given to each of the winners in an internal ceremony that took place in Madrid and that, apart from the employees of FRV Spain, counted with the presence of FRV’s Management team, representatives from Abdul Latif Jameel Energy including Board members Rif Abou Richeh and Sidhesh Kaul, the CEO, Roberto de Diego, Fady Jameel, Vice-Chairman of Abdul Latif Jameel and Mohammed Jameel, CEO and Chairman of Abdul Latif Jameel, who was responsible for giving the awards.
After a tight and difficult voting process where all employees from different departments and geographies were considered, two employees were recognized for each of the following categories:
1. Excellence in Leadership (Pioneer Spirit) for being a role model to others and for the ability to inspire, encourage and motivate people.
• Mikel De Irala (Head of Technical East)
• Sofía Roldós (Head of Finance LATAM)
2. Dedication and Continuous Improvement (Commitment) for the continuous effort towards achieving goals and for the commitment to reach further finding new challenges to exceed expectations.
• Zehra Or (Head of Legal MEA)
• Ravi Dogra (Head of Structured Finance and M&A Australia)
3. Collaboration and Team Work (Talent) for an outstanding attitude and collaborative business approach to improve the overall outcome and for sharing success with others.
• Antonio Suárez (Head of Tax)
• Pablo Gutiérrez (Head of Structured Finance and M&A West)
4. Innovation and Pioneer Thinking (Pioneer Spirit and Sustainability) for seeing challenges as an opportunity and constantly looking for new ideas, solving problems with innovative out-of-the-box solutions.
• Shalabh Arora (Head of Business Development Australia)
• Juan Andrés García (Head of PV Project Development Europe)
Additionally, in this fist edition of the awards, a special recognition was given to Rafael Benjumea for 12 years of dedication as founder and CEO of FRV. The recognition, a gift from all the FRV team and Abdul Latif Jameel, was awarded to Rafael during a speech where Mohammed Jameel highlighted his entrepreneurial spirit and unique vision in creating one of the top renewable energy developers in the world. In addition, Mohammed Jameel welcomed Daniel Sagi-Vela as new CEO of FRV, recognizing his impeccable track record in the company and his continuous commitment to the development of both the business and the team.